Terms And Conditions
By booking an Alliance Française Auckland French lesson you agree to the following terms & conditions and enter into a contract with the Alliance Française Auckland.
PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW CAREFULLY
Conditions of enrolment
A current Alliance Française Auckland student registration or Alliance Française Auckland membership is required for enrolment on any course. Payment of the student registration fee gives you access to a wide variety of services, as outlined on our website for the duration of the calendar year in which it is bought. Payment of the Alliance Francaise membership fee entitles to you these benefits for a year from the date on which it is purchased. The student registration and Alliance membership are not refundable.
The Alliance Française reserves the right to divide, combine or cancel any class, should it be deemed necessary.
Payment and fees
- Fees are due before the start of the term. You will be charged an additional 10 per cent if you have not paid within the first 2 weeks of the term.
- If a course does not reach a minimum number of 5 students or is for some other unavoidable reason cancelled by the Alliance, the fee will be refunded in full.
Private and Skype lessons:
- Each lesson must be arranged and paid for in advance. You and the teacher must agree upon a specific date and time via e-mail.
- You can choose to pay by internet banking or in person by EFTPOS, cash, cheque or credit card. (a 2% credit card charge will apply).
Withdrawal/ Cancellation policy
- If you wish to withdraw, please inform us by email more than a week before the course is due to start.
- If you wish to withdraw within three weeks (i.e. within the first three classes) after the beginning of the course, you will be entitled to a 50% refund of course fees, provided that we are advised immediately.
- The Alliance Française applies a strict no refund policy for any student who withdraws more than three weeks (i.e. after the first three classes) of the course.
Private and Skype lessons:
- Cancellation of any lesson must occur more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time. Failure to notify Alliance Française Auckland of a lesson cancelation prior to 24 hours before the scheduled lesson time will result in a full fee being charged for the lesson. All notification must be done by email and sent to both the Alliance Française Auckland Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the teacher.
- If you arrive or log in more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start of the lesson it will be considered an untimely cancellation and no refund will be given. We do not consider technical problems as providing a valid exception to this provision in the case of Skype lessons.
- Alliance Française Auckland will not be held responsible for any connection or technical difficulties during the lesson that are not directly within our control.
- Alliance Française Auckland is not responsible for the quality of your internet connection or any related problems e.g. if the Skype video call updating slowly affects your lesson.
- In the event of Alliance Française Auckland experiencing technical problems at the time of a scheduled lesson and we are unable to provide our regular services, we will arrange for a make-up lesson at the earliest convenience for both student and teacher but no refund shall be given.
- The termination of the lessons are considered as force majeure in any of the following cases:
- Extremely bad audio quality,
- Disruption of the internet on either side of the lesson,
- Disruption of the Skype service.
- In case of force majeure, if more than 30 minutes are completed, the whole lesson will be considered as completed.
- All lessons purchased from Alliance Française Auckland are valid during the calendar year of the purchase.
Private and Skype lessons:
- All classes must start on time and end promptly after 60 minutes.
Student equipment/ Software responsibility
The majority of our group lessons require students to have their own textbook, pen and papers. The textbook used for our regular courses is on sale at the Alliance reception desk.
- Before the first lesson you are required to properly install Skype on your computer. In order to be able to participate in our lessons, you must create a Skype account and add our teacher to your contact list.
- All students are responsible for ensuring they have a working high speed internet connection, Skype user ID, headset and microphone at the time of their lesson. If there are technical problems on the student’s side at lesson time, it is not the responsibility of Alliance Française Auckland or any of our affiliated companies or partners.
- We are based in New Zealand, but you may not be. Be aware that our time zone may differ when you request a lesson. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are connected at the correct time.
Under exceptional circumstances, credits may be considered.
- For urgent medical reasons affecting you or your close family members (medical certificate may be required).
- Credits will only be issued if we have been informed beforehand in writing and will be valid for the term specified on the letter of credit.
- Classes paid for with a credit note cannot be re-credited.
Exclusion of liability
Alliance Française Auckland cannot be at any time held responsible for any damage caused by the performance or inadequacy of the services of any third party (e.g. Internet, Skype)
Personal Information - Storage and Access
- Your personal details will be kept secure in our database.
- You may view or change this information at any time.
- Your information may be accessed by our staff for the operations of the Alliance Française Auckland.
- Your email address and contact numbers may be accessed by your teacher(s).
- Your information will not be shared with other students or outside agencies without your consent.