The TCF (Test de connaissance du Français) is the French Ministry of Education’s French test, to assess your level of French in a simple, reliable and efficient manner.
This exam fulfils French language entry requirements and can be used to demonstrate language ability for job applications, university enrolments or personal use. It is aslo used by Québec for immigration procedures.
- The test is like a snapshot of a person’s linguistic abilities at a given point in their life
- Use a scale of 6 levels that range from A1 level ( beginner ) to C2 ( complete control )
- It is valid for two years
Further information about the TCF on France Education International website.
We offer 3 types of TCF Tests:
- TCF (Tout Public) - You wish to assess your French language skills for personal, academic or professional reasons.
- TCF ANF (Accès la Nationalité Française) - You need to prove your level of French as part of your application for French Citizenship.
- TCF for Quebec - You wish to settle long-term in Quebec and you need to have your level of French assessed for your immigration application.
Session 1: Exam date: Friday 19 March -> Enrolment
Deadline: Friday 19 February
Session 2 : Exam date: Friday 18 June -> Enrolment Deadline: Friday 14 May
Session 3 : Exam date:
Friday 17 September -> Enrolment
Deadline: Friday 13 August
Session 4 : Exam date: Friday 10 December -> Enrolment Deadline: Friday 06 November
- Fill in the TCF registration form (Please download here).
Provide a copy of ID and one passport photo (digital format accepted). Please find some information about the picture you must provide
- Send everything by email to email@example.com with firstname.lastname@example.org in copy (or bring all the documents to our office).
- Make your payment by clicking on the prices below, over the phone or at our office before the enrolment deadline.
TCF Tout Public- Listening + structure and reading - $500
*Optional add-ons for TCF Tout Public
- Listening + structure and reading + speaking - $615
- Listening + structure and reading + writing - $615
TCF ANF (Accès à la nationalité française) - listening + speaking - $400
TCF Canada - listening + reading + +writing + speaking - $500
TCF Québec - The Alliance Française Auckland offer three different packages for this type of TCF test.
2. TCF Québec Package Deal - listening, speaking, reading, writing add-ons - $570
Before enrolling please note :
- No refund or rescheduling will be granted passed the registration deadline.
- It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she is registered for the appropriate exam. The Alliance Française Auckland and its employees cannot be held responsible for the choices made by the candidate.
FAQ about the TEF
How long does it take to reach the intermediate level (B1) if I
never learnt French before?
According to the CECRL, it usually takes between 350 and 400 hours of learning. The fastest way to reach this level with Alliance Française Auckland is to take private lessons.
How long does it takes to take the exam?
Between 2 and 4 hours, depending on if you are attending the writing production and the oral production exams.
How many times can I attend this test ?
If desired, the candidate may take the test as much as he/she wants. However, a 60 days waiting period is required between two successive sessions.
What does happen after I took the test ?
After the test and its correction, a certificate of results, showing the score of each section, is mailed to the applicant. Usually, the candidates receive their certificates between 3 and 6 weeks after attending their test.
How long is the TCF certificate valid ?